Finished Quilting Projects

Sunday 8 January 2017

Ah Fabric....

So this past week contained lots of packages! I haven't posted much stash purchases for a while. It's not because I haven't been buying anything. It's because I haven't been posting those purchases. Here are my final purchases for 2016!

I had been waiting until after Christmas to purchase Quilt with Tula & Angela. If you follow my blog, you already know that I absolutely love Angela Walters' books. I am a huge fan of her work and her personality is great. Tula Pink is another favourite designer and fun to follow. I knew a book with the two of them collaborating would be epic! And this book does not disappoint! I've only thumbed through a bit of it and I am so impressed! And of course since I need to make another purchase to obtain Free Shipping, In The Studio with Angela Walters happened to tumble in my cart. I'm just expanding my collection of her books :)

Dinkydoo Fabrics had a Boxing Day sale....I was trying to not purchase any more fabric. At the beginning of the sale, I went through it but decided that I didn't need more fabric. Then I got an email about it being the last chance at the sale about a week later. My sister happened to be visiting and I asked if she wanted anything so we could split the cost of shipping. We actually ordered enough that we received Free Shipping...so much for not buying any fabric!

Don't you just love those Fat Quarter bundles?! These are bundled up by Dinkydoo Fabrics. We also had a large enough order that we received a set of scissors. I kept these smaller ones and my sister will receive the larger ones. Dinkydoo Fabrics also has a Rewards Club and they are Canadian in case you were 
wondering ;)

Another Canadian quilt shop that I received fabric from is Fabric Please!

Check out this awesome packaging. And a FREE Fat Quarter too! I may have also starting looking into a trip to Toronto for 2017 Quilt Canada....

Inside that delightful package are these gorgeous fabrics.

Ah. I just love pretty fabric! Take a closer look at my favourite out of this bunch!

There's just something about blueprints that I cannot resist!

I also got this lovely bundle of fabrics from my husband for Christmas...and a gift card to my LQS ;)

The fact that my husband supports my habit is all I need but him going to a fabric store to buy me fabric and thread makes me realize I am one lucky girl!

So all these purchases over one week has made me realize that I should cut back this year. USE a lot of that pretty fabric that I've been hoarding for years. I may not be able to give any quilts away but I will use my fabric!
 
So as of January 1st, I started a "fabric diet". I do have my week long sewing trip booked for May so I WILL be buying fabric then. Every diet needs an incentive! It's like exercising and dieting for that beach vacation. I do have a few gift cards that I can use if I want a "treat" but I can't spend over that amount. I also will purchase items like batting, thread, etc to finish off projects. But I will not purchase any fabric, unless it has to do with a specific project and absolutely have nothing in my stash to finish it! 

I am already "jonesing" for some fabric but I am trying to resist the temptation! Anyone else going on a "fabric diet" this year?

2 comments:

  1. Great purchases. I want to buy some Angela books as well, but have been trying to limit purchases as well. Beautiful colours for those two fat quarter bundles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete