Finished Quilting Projects

Saturday 16 April 2016

Switching Gears

I'm busy working in my sewing space today with breaks for cleaning. Fun time and need to be done stuff. So I've been working on this baby quilt.


I'm not in love with this quilt. It just didn't feel right for the baby who will be making an appearance in the following week. So I decided to get a picture from the mom of the colours in their nursery. So glad I did! The husband said blue and green months ago. And the nursery is actually mint green and grey. This morning I switched the fabric and the quilt pattern. Nothing like a rush to the finish line!

Remember this bundle?


The Mint Condition Collection by Tammy Silvers for Camelot Fabrics

I also found a different quilt that I loved when I spotted it this morning. I discovered Citrus and Mint Baby quilt pattern from Lindsay @ Craft Buds. Gorgeous quilt and it is going quickly! Here's a few pictures of the progress.

 
I cut 42 - 6-1/2" squares from 8 FQs and 2 - 6-1/2" WOF strips. I also cut up 84 - 2-1/2" white Squares. And with the remaining pieces after cutting my print squares, I cut 16 - 5" squares for my stash. That cute little bundle is what I have left.





Not quite F8s but still workable for a future project ;)

Now these are sitting beside my machine waiting to chain pieced.


Hope you're having a productive day sewing today :)




3 comments:

  1. Oooh, lucky you have a killer stash to pull from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great pattern. Good luck. The colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can never trust the dad when it comes to colours/design decisions (unless it's Himself). I made a queen sized quilt for my niece as my brother said she had that size bed. Nope. I like the grey/mint combo!

    ReplyDelete