Finished Quilting Projects

Saturday 3 October 2015

Throwback Thursday Vol.3

The quilt I'm going to share for Throwback Thursday Vol.3 is my Whispering Love quilt.


This quilt was made for a very special woman who was battling Ovarian Cancer. I made this for her hoping it would provide her a bit of comfort during the chemo treatments and her surgery. I'm happy to say that she is doing well now :) And still loving the quilt :)

This quilt was a labour of love and what I feel as one of the prettiest quilts I have ever made.

The fabrics all have their unique beauty just like her :)






5 comments:

  1. Great to see this quilt again. Love the purple. Glad your friend is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is pretty, and it no doubt brought her much comfort. The wonderful thing about quilts is that they are a gift that keeps on giving. I spoke with an elderly friend from far away yesterday. She said she thought of me the other night when she reached for the quilt I'd given her. I told her that she thinks I gave her the quilt for her, but it was really all about me. I know she'll think of me often, especially as the colder weather creeps in. Of course, that was just an afterthought and meant to make her smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour palette. Methinks I have seen this one before! But then your quilt archive isn't quite as dusty as some of ours! Knowing how much fabric you have in your stash, I have no doubt that it will be one day! Thanks for linking up with Throwback Thursday @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely quilt! So pretty! You did a fantastic job with the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy ending for a happy quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete