Finished Quilting Projects

Sunday 10 May 2015

Pillow Fun

My guild is participating in a swap in the near future. The members who are participating are to make a 16" Square pillow cover. I decided to start mine yesterday after I finished up the quilt top for Dressed to the Nines. Yup that baby is done. Well the top is done but it still feels like a relief!






I had bookmarked the Scrap Buster Fall Pillow tutorial over at Cluck Cluck Sew a long time ago because I knew I always wanted to make this pillow cover. I fell in love with it and I know I'll definitely be making a few more pillow covers from this pattern.

So I started off by going through my baskets of green and blue scraps. I ironed my smaller scraps and then placed them on WonderUnder. I cut out many leaves....





Then I cut out pillow top and played around with the layout of the leaves.





Then I spent the next 30 mins peeling off the paper backings on all the leaves. Then set up the layout again and ironed them all on.





And then I sewed a Zig Zag stitch around all the leaves. "Jumping" from leaf to leaf.






This was a really easy project. And quick too. This would definitely be a good day project or weekend project. I know I'll be using my scraps for another one of these pillows. I still have leaves leftover from this one :)




 Love this pillow cover! Not sure what I'll use for the envelope backing yet. I'll be going through my stash to see what will fit.

This weekend was a very productive sewing weekend. I hope you all had a chance to get some sewing time in!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Julia! And it reminds me that I've got to get cracking on my pillow for the swap as well!

    ReplyDelete