Finished Quilting Projects

Sunday 25 January 2015

Home Sweet Home

So happy to be home. Here's a quick recap of my trip away. I stayed at a beautiful Inn in Sydney, NS called the Spanish Bay Inn. It is a beautiful Inn located around the Sydney waterfront. I highly recommend staying there. The Innkeeper, Linda is fantastic! She really makes your stay a great one :) Here's a few pictures of my spacious room :)



This room has a great amount of space. It's L-Shaped and has a fridge and microwave. Perfect for eating in :) There's also a TV and chair that you can't really see from the pictures. I had the TV on for some background noise. I also watched an episode of Downtown Abbey. I can understand what all the fuss is about! There's also some snacks in the dining room at the Inn which is where I picked up a yummy cinnamon roll almost every evening....not good for my weight but delightful :)

Here's some pictures of the projects I was working on while away.



I finished my Block #6 for FQS Mystery Quilt. I’m halfway there for finishing all the blocks.

I also started quilting the Star Quilt that I am donating to Relay for Life in my hometown.



 I quilted one echo around each star which nearly took me over the edge. Then I quilted through the center of the star from each intersecting point.


I really love how the quilting turned out for this one. Made the effort worthwhile :)

My sister made this really great wall hanging. A friend of hers is a St.FX fan so she asked my sister to make her a wall hanging. This came out great :)


I also made a few fabric purchases while I was away…..

Fabricville


A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop


Last but definitely not least was Avonport.


I couldn’t resist the discount fabrics. And then I picked up a Quilt Halo. Has anyone had any experience with this? I figured I’d try it out. I’ll write up a review on it in a later post.

Hope you all had a great weekend despite the rain! At least it's a good excuse to stay in and quilt :)


4 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for sewing whilst away. Nice fabric and interesting patterns that you picked up - look forward to seeing your creations here. Have never heard of a quilt halo so I shall have to google that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful visit to Sydney you had. Yow really accomplished a lot. I know your donation will be greatly appreciated on the island!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you were able to quilt while away. Don't know what a quilt halo is, so looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! :Looks like a perfect place to stay, sew, and watch DA! You have some great purchases...really love the fabric from A Needle Pulling Thread, so fresh and pretty, I adore the St. F.X. wallhanging. I'm an X grad and have lots of family members that are as well so I can imagine how appreciated that wall hanging was! You did some great quilting on your donation quilt!

    ReplyDelete