Finished Quilting Projects

Sunday 28 December 2014

Christmas Fun!

Me and hubby had lots of family staying with us over Christmas so I didn't get much sewing done. I had a few moments to finish off some projects. I was able to bind my first ever quilt that was made 7 years ago. I knew nothing about sewing or quilting back then. I didn't know about a 1/4" seam, strip piecing, basting....etc. I had figured out a patchwork quilt and cut out many squares. I sewed them all together attempted to make a diagonal pattern with the squares. Anyway it's been a long time since I touched that quilt. I had just the quilt top and I took it to a long arm quilter in my area to have the quilt finished. This quilt is huge! So here's some pictures of the finished quilt. My first ever quilt.






Another view.





I took this picture to show how many mistakes are done on this quilt top. It just shows me how far I've come from this first quilt. My 1/4" seam was so off. I didn't know how to nest the seams or any of those tricks. I do love the colours. And this quilt is a mix of cotton and flannel squares. So it will stay here to be used for years to come.

My hubby bought me a fantastic Christmas gift. I had been mentioning that I need to figure out how to store my fabric better. So here was my Christmas gift.





This stand is so tall. I can barely reach the top shelf. I put a couple of things on it Christmas Day :) here's the finished result....





I just love this overpowering stand. It all looks so beautiful. The stand, my fabric all organized and the beautiful colours. I could only put my cotton and backing fabrics on here. I'll have to figure out some organization system for the flannel and some panels. But overall, I'm very happy with this. It took me a few days but it looks so beautiful :) Love it!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment