Finished Quilting Projects

Monday 24 November 2014

What a week!

Sorry I've been a little absent last week. I was away for work for the week so I didn't get any sewing in until I returned home at the end of the week. I was having withdrawals! It was very exciting when I returned since I had numerous packages waiting to be opened :) Including birthday presents since my birthday was on Thursday :)

On my return trip from the city, I stopped in Avonport. I was the first customer since I arrived 15 mins before they opened. And the lovely ladies opened 10 mins early :) I was trying not to spend too much time there since I had appointments back home but I did manage to pick up a few things. It was my birthday and so I figured I could justify the purchases :)

Here are the lovely items....

First up, is this Animal Parade Book. It is completely adorable and I can't wait to make a quilt from this book! Maybe in the New Year ;)


Next up, are these pretty fabrics. I love the discount bin at Avonport! And these were just too cute to not pick up.

Last but definitely not least, were these patterns.

I can see making a few of those Handy Who for gifts. Way too cute!

When I returned home, I had all these packages waiting for me :) My husband was starting to wonder about my shopping habit. I had to explain that certain items come every month and the rest were purchases that just happened to come at the same time :)

First off, my monthly Bargain Lover's Club package came from Sew Sisters. You can see the details on this club here. Also check out their Stuff Your Stocking event. Last year was the first time I signed up and it was incredible. You can see the details of that deal here. You have to sign up for that event before Dec 1. Here is my monthly Bargain Lover's package :)

Next package was my Block Six for BOM from the Fat Quarter Shop. I'm a little behind for my blocks. I still need to make Block Five. Things just got a little too hectic this month :)


Then there was my order from Mad About Patchwork. There was a 15% off code to celebrate Mad About Patchwork's Facebook followers. So I purchased a couple of items from there :)

I picked up some of this lovely grass print from Martha Negley for Freespirit that I just fell in love with. And this Hadley charm pack by Denyse Schmidt for Freespirit. So pretty!

Then I received my Massdrop Aurifil Collection by Pat Sloan "The Perfect Box of Neutrals". I love my other collection by Tula Pink.


My hubby typically just laughs about how much fabric I have. Sometimes he tries not to think of the money I spend on fabric but I also lovely call him an "enabler"

My gifts from him was a $40 Gift card to a LQS and these....

 And he also took me shopping to a quilt shop that stocks lots of embroidery items. So I picked out the following items :)


I cannot wait to try out the Circular Attachment on my Embroidery Machine but I'm waiting until I finish a few to do quilts first. Especially the Christmas one and a quilt that I will be donating to my hometown Relay for Life to sell tickets on.

I had ordered this pattern a while back but she misplaced who she had ordered the pattern for. So it was great that it was still there and that I could pick it up.

It's a Diaper Bag with a Changing Pad attached. I thought this would be the perfect Baby Shower gift. So I'm hoping to make a gender neutral one to have on hand for the next baby shower.

I also started quilting Alice's quilt and I finished the Star Block quilt top. It was a fairly productive but busy weekend :)



I'm using my walking foot to quilt this and I have to say, I've very happy with the way it is going. So much easier to control especially with quilting flannel. Here's the Star block Quilt Top.


I also received terrific news from Sew Sisters that I won a pack of Tonga Mini Treats - Punch! I am so very excited about that. I've never won a giveaway before. Can't wait to receive them!

Well that was a recap of my week. It was a terrific week filled with lots of blogs to visit, packages, purchases, gifts, sewing, birthday wishes and ice cream cake :)

Julia



3 comments:

  1. What a stash! Love the diaper bag...I was hunting for something like that a few months back and gave up looking. Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lots of wonderful goodies! Glad to see you won on the Blogathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to get some sewing accomplished after a long week away. That was quite a haul from Avonport!! When I was there last, I walked out with almost as much! It's a good thing it's a long drive and I don't get there often!!

    ReplyDelete