Finished Quilting Projects

Friday 13 June 2014

Ah Fridays....

Well I haven't posted anything this week. It has been extremely busy at work and the free time I did have, I dedicated to quilting. So I am happy to say that I have the center of hubby's quilt finished.






So far, I'm liking the way this one is turning out. And hubby is happy with it :) I need to add the inner border and then the outer border. So I'm hoping to have the quilt top complete by the weekend.

I think I may have forgot to mention that last friday, I received my membership card to the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild! I'm member #18! I'm so excited about my first Sew In on June 28. Looking forward to meeting the other members.

I also purchased a new book this week....





There's quite a few patterns that I would love to try. So many pretty pillows :) I may make one after I've finished hubby's quilt.

Also planned a vacation with my mom and sister for July. We're going to have a girls sewing vacation. Very exciting!

Do you have any summer sewing plans?






2 comments:

  1. Wow! Hubby's quilt looks just wonderful! A DP9patch has been on my list for a while. What size squares did you use? So glad you joined the MMQG. Our Sew-Ins are such great fun. Sounds like you will be having lots of sewing fun...a sewing vacation! See you on the 28th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I used 5" squares that I cut myself. Really easy quilt. I'm so excited for the MMQG Sew In this month. Looking forward to meeting the members :)

      Delete