Finished Quilting Projects

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Appliqué Stitching

So I've started stitching my monkeys for the baby quilt. I'm not sure how to feel about this. I'm okay with the result but I would have rather had something different. I did halfway through figure out how I could accomplish closer stitches together and also mirrored stitches but I was already too far to turn around. So I'm happy with the result but I think I will try something different with the next appliqué project. So here is the progress so far.






I have only stitched the brown pieces so far. I need to stitch the cream pieces and the black pieces. So all in all, I'm happy with my first attempt with appliqué. I figure it's like everything else, practice makes perfect :)

I didn't have as much time to sew tonight as I would have liked since it was a gorgeous day and our lawn needed a DESPERATE mowing. Tomorrow night should be a good sewing night since my hubby will be heading to a movie with his guy friends. So sewing is a priority for me tomorrow night :)

Oh I almost forgot. I picked up a bit more fabric from the store that is sadly closing. I purchased more fabric, most of it was extra fabric of the ones that I had picked up the day before but my attention was caught on these panels.


I just love them. So classic! And then to see the quilts on the clothesline in one of the panels was just too much for me. So I purchased 3 panels which has 6 images to one panel. I was thinking of making placemats with one panel for sure. I think just adding a border to them would finish them off for placemats. And I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the panels.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment